OCHE is an association for professionals working in mental health counseling or administration overseeing mental counseling personnel in institutions of higher education.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Conference/training discount
- Forms depository
Types of Membership
- Professional Member – a master’s or doctorate degree in counseling, counseling and guidance, clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or closely related field and interest in counseling in a higher education setting.
- Student Member – a student enrolled in graduate study in counseling, social work, applied psychology, or a closely related field in an accredited institution may be accepted as a student member upon recommendation of his or her faculty advisor.
- Retired Member – any person retired from a position in college counseling or a position related to college counseling.
- Associate Member – persons who support OCHE’s objective and who have an interest, but do not meet requirements for professional, student, or retired membership, may join as associate members. Associate members may not vote or hold office.
Cost for individual professional, retired or associate membership is $20 annually. Cost for student membership is $10 annually. Memberships will be renewed annually in July.
Members will be added to the Oklahoma Counselors in Higher Education listserv.
Members of OCHE will be given a discount off of registration for continuing education opportunities.
OCHE members will be given access to a forms depository to allow for the sharing of documents, policies and procedures, and other standard forms between counseling centers. Examples include: informed consent forms, demographic sheets, and service information handouts.